Please read carefully
1. Should you decide to proceed on the basis of any FILMAR Photography quotation a booking fee of 20% will be required prior to any work commencing and shall be non-returnable in the event of cancellation by yourself no matter how caused.
2. Payment of the booking fee constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Fifty percent (50%) of the balance outstanding shall become payable on a date midway between your booking and the wedding. This will be non-refundable as it serves as a commitment from yourselves and an acknowledgement that FILMAR Photography may not be able to rebook the day in the event of you not being able to proceed with the wedding. The final balance shall be paid in full two weeks prior to your wedding day. Failure to pay by the due dates may prevent us from attending.
4. Liability for cancellation by FILMAR Photography for whatever reason shall be limited to actual amounts of monies paid including the booking fee.
5. Prices quoted in these pages are guaranteed against inflation upon receipt of your booking fee. (not reprints and enlargements).
6. FILMAR Photography promise to provide you with a series of colour photographs (or black & white if commissioned) or other services at the quoted price (with the exception of situations outlined in No.9 below). In addition, should you require reprints and/or enlargements, we shall endeavour to provide you with such within fourteen days of receiving your order (with the exception of situations outlined in No.9 below)
7. Quoted prices include the cost of all materials, developing & processing, digital image editing, photographers attendance fee and travel within twenty miles from Bishop Auckland.
8. As with commercial and other professional photographers FILMAR Photography engages the services of reputable developing and printing companies. Our promise to you, in the unlikely event that something should go wrong with your order as a result of negligence or loss attributable to the companies we deal with, is that we will make every reasonable effort to rectify and recover the situation. In the event that rectification and recovery is not possible your deposit and any additional monies paid shall be refunded without delay.
9. FILMAR Photography shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damages under any circumstances.
A word about copyright:
Questions are often asked about who owns the copyright to photograph(s) that have been taken. Under current laws affecting the United Kingdom and throughout the European Union, unless specifically agreed otherwise, copyright of photographs and photographic images remains with the photographer – even when the photographer has been paid to take the photograph(s).
Copyright gives the photographer the right to control how their images are used. This right is given by the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act of 1988.
Photographers keep the copyright to their work but may give clients the right to use the images in a number of different ways as required. This means that the intended use of the images by clients, including copying, selling or distribution etc, must be first agreed with the photographer and an appropriate fee paid where necessary. Any use outside of the contract must be re-negotiated to avoid breaking the law.
We cover County Durham, Teesside and North Yorkshire and beyond for all photography requirements.